Home About Me
I knew I wanted to combine my writing talent with my expertise in corporate communications and public relations.
So, I started my sole practitioner business in July 1995 after having held marketing and communications posts at Mount Carmel West in Columbus, Ohio, as well as hospitals in Richmond, Virginia, including Children’s Hospital.
I planned the strategy for and managed the public relations launch of a pioneering, Internet-based document management solution, BASIS, for international software provider, Information Dimensions, Inc., a subsidiary of OCLC.
Before that, I put Price Waterhouse’s retail consulting division, Management Horizons, “on the map” through extensive national media placements and speaking opportunities related to the organization’s groundbreaking publication, “Retailing 2000.”
- Master of Science, Media Management, Virginia Commonwealth University (VCU), Richmond
- Bachelor of Science, Magna Cum Laude, Mass Communications, VCU
- Fellow, PRSA, Class of 2016
- APR (Accredited in Public Relations) Public Relations Society of America
- I keep abreast of industry trends through continuing education
- Member of the national journalism honor society Kappa Tau Alpha